Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vienna Naschmarkt


Following my introduction to Zanoni lovin' my beloved Tour-Goddess and Dear friend, Elena Parkinson had me walk around a million miles, ok perhaps 4 miles but after the first 5 it seemed a bit like a million during jet-lag. I was ready to see Vienna so I complained not at all.

We visited the NaschMarkt which sounds like "Nash-Mart" there are some silent letters to be found here and others that won't be hushed. I don't mind at all. We visited this daily fresh market with the most impressive deli options and fresh produce that I have ever encountered. So many options too small of stomach, but my eyes were optimistic.

Samples are available at any moment and some speak English well which is helpful when inquiring whether or not something is vegetarische or not. We picked up some fresh Feta, Dolmas, Figs and Ciabatta loaf oh and some mixed olives. Terrific fun! We saved them for our snack before visiting the park down the block which provided our evening entertainment with some delightful classical music favorites. After walking a few more miles, of course. We did encounter Sturm which is "Young Wine" Which seems to be all the rage and I tasted it and can see why! More on that later!

A day well done!

No comments: